Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- LLB, Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia
- BComm, Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Solicitor & Barrister, Supreme Court of New South Wales and High Court of Australia
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/E)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
Joseph heads up PwC’s Legal & Regulatory Compliance Advisory unit, which is a team comprised primarily of qualified lawyers who support PwC clients with a broad range of legal and regulatory consulting services. Joseph is an accomplished corporate lawyer and compliance professional with more than 20 years post admission experience. Joseph has knowledge and experience in a broad range of areas including financial services compliance (including AML, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption), data protection and privacy, corporate governance, private equity, joint ventures, M&A, capital markets, competition law and wealth management.
He joined PwC from Standard Chartered Bank where he was heading up the business compliance function for the bank’s Corporate and Commercial Banking business segments in East Africa. Prior to that he was in private practice for four years with Coulson Harney (now Bowmans), a leading Kenyan corporate law firm. His career also includes eight years as a in-house legal counsel for two major Australian financial institutions, Westpac Banking Corporation and Macquarie Bank Limited.