Dr Vincent Olatunji
Dr Vincent Olatunji has a doctorate degree in Geography and Planning from the University of Lagos and an Advanced Diploma in Computer Studies. He is a Certified Public Private Partnership Specialist (IP3 Specialist) and a PECB Certified Data Protection Officer. He has worked in the public sector for about 32years thereby acquiring practical proficiency and thorough understanding of government operations in Nigeria and other countries. He is highly experienced in team building, research activities, policy development and strategic planning on various development initiatives. He equally offers significant capability in the delivery of high value outcomes as a skilled negotiator, social networker and public speaker whose personal focus is on working with teams and individuals to maximize economic potentials.
He joined NITDA in 2002 and has worked in various departments thereby rising to the position of a Director in 2014 and Acting Director General in 2016. He was the Director of eGovernment Development and Regulations where he effectively:
- Co-ordinated the development of actionable programmes for NITDA’s current Strategic Pillars leading to repositioning the agency towards regulating the IT sector in Nigeria;
- Co-ordinated the development of strategies and plans for the implementation of Nigeria’s eGovernment and national ICT Transformation Agenda;
- Successfully mainstreamed the development and launch of various Policies, Guidelines and Frameworks such as the Nigeria Inter-Operability Framework, Nigeria Enterprise Architecture, Cloud First Policy, Government Digital Service Policy, Nigeria Data Protection Regulation and Smart Initiatives Framework to enhance Nigeria’s digital transformation;
He is a member of many committee of experts and served as the coordinating chairman of the activities of the National Interoperability and Enterprise Architecture Committee, Digital Transformation Technical Working Group, and the Nigeria Data Protection Implementation Committee among others.
He has attended many Capacity Building programmes in various areas such as Public Sector Management, Project Planning and Management, Digital Transformation and Data Protection among others.He has also represented NITDA and Nigeria at several local and international engagements. He was listed among the 100 Leading Telecom and ICT Personalities in Nigeria by the Association of Telecommunication Companies of Nigeria in April, 2018.
He has also won several awards from public and private sector organizations which include the following among others:
- Ekiti State University: Award of Doctor of Public Administration (HC), 23rd June 2018; Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State;
- Ekiti State University Alumni Association: Award of Eminent Personality, Ekiti State University, 22nd June 2018;
- Nigeria Computer Society (NCS), Ekiti State Chapter: Ekiti ICT Public Sector 2018 Leadership Award;
- University of Lagos: UNILAG Alumni Association Award of Outstanding Commitment to University of Lagos Alumni Association, July 2017;
- Institute of Corporate Administration: Outstanding Prowess in Administration Matters and as a Professional Fellow, March 9th, 2016;
- ICT Watch Network Africa Digital Award (ADA): ICT Man of the Year, 2016;
- National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS): Honorary Certificate of Credence, February 12th, 2015.
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Member Nigeria Computer Society
- Member Information Technology Systems and Security Professionals
- Fellow Institute of Information Technology Management (FIIM)
- Director, Compliance Institute of Nigeria
On the 4th of January, 2022, he was appointed as the National Commissioner/Chief Executive Officer of the Nigeria Data Protection Bureau (NDPB) by President Mohammad Buhari, GCFR